Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tricked!

I woke up late this morning. Jacob said he turned off the alarm so I would be able to sleep in, since I got almost NO sleep the night before.

So we go about our usual routine of getting ready for the day, only Jacob also bathes Zade. I figure, hey, Jacob's already late for work and he knew it was bothering me how much Zade needed a bath, so he's being sweet. Sure.

Then we're downstairs and Jacob puts Zade's shoes on. Well, it was a little cold, and shoes would keep him warmer than just socks. After making a lunch, Jacob casually puts on Zade's jacket. Again, it's a little on the cold side, so no big deal.

Then Jacob is about to leave and offers Zade the chance to go outside. I'm all "NOoooo!! You can't do that to a kid--offer to take him outside when he just can't go." But then Jacob whips out Zade's hat from his pocket, picks up Zade and REALLY DOES TAKE HIM!!!

"WHAT??" That's all I could think. So I throw a jacket on over my pjs and follow him out. "Are you serious? But where are you going?" He just smiles and drives off.

So I figure he felt so bad for how exhausted I was yesterday that he arranged to have someone watch Zade while he was at work. Sweet!

Then about half an hour later, the time it takes for him to get to work, he calls: "Did I leave my work keys there?" Yep. He had.

Five minutes later he opens the door and has FLOWERS!! And the news that he has TODAY and TOMORROW off!!!

!!!

So tricked!

He is so sweet!

1 comment:

Kyle and Aly said...

AWWWW!!! That is SO sweet!!!